Thursday, December 28, 2006

ekadasi vrat: try to be krsna conscious.

who am i? where am i? i lost my identity. i lost my whole memory.

URBAN TURBAN $19.95

brahmacari chooses computer, grhasta chooses puzzle.

Holy Dhama:Mother Yamuna has walked here.

Ekadasi means more chanting and reading.


August 5th Evening.
You cannot swim in Lincoln city. You can only fly kites, walk dogs, play on rocks, and chant japa. It is so windy that you can jump up in the air and you will fly a few feet from your original standing point. This ekadasi, we slept, played puzzles, caught up on email at the library, read, and people watched at the beach for some time.Teh guy at the health food store remembered me from two years before. At one point in during the day I almost fainted. Not from no grains but I thought I lost my japa beads again. I seriously looked through all my bags again and again and again and again and again. I didnt tell anyone for some time then later I did. I was depressed adn left to ask "what offenses did i committ?"Why did I lose my japa beads?!!! Brad said he would take me back to where we were this morning and we could back track everystep, but i was just going to accept my loss. I had lost my gurumaharaja's japa beads! Then before dinner i was prayng to the Lord for guidance as to how to cope with this loss, and chanted Gayatri mantra. During gaytri mantra insight came. I finished chanting went to a certain pouch I had and there they were, right where I left them. I felt Krsna just wanted to show to me that on Ekadasi I had to think about the holy name and Krsna more. In losing my beads I was immerssed in prayer and contemplation of my lowly position and the glories of the Lord. I placed my hand in my japa beads and headed to the beach for some chanting in solitude! Hare Krsna!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Lord has a lot of mercy on you. Wow, twice lost and twice found!