Sunday, December 10, 2006

day three


cows at potomac

RadhaShyam of Bhakti Tirtha Maharaja

HH Radhanath Maharaja

HH Bhakti Tirtha Swami

Jagannath Baladeva and Subadra Baltimore

Radha Damodar

Nov 30th
Day three. DC temple. Cold new marble. I always recollect the picture of HH Indradumnya Maharaja lifting HH Radhanath Maharaja up in the air and swinging him around during the kirtan at Sandeep and Amrita Praubhu’s wedding. DC Cows. The boys unload hay. I sleep in car. Chant japa and read my favorite book for the trip “26 qualities of a devotee by HH Satsvarup Maharaja”. For devotees who do outreach please read this book! Each book I read of Satsvarup maharaja I am amazed how insightful and personal he can be. We leave after unloading 2 palates of Srila Prabhupadas Boooks” Great to be there at the right time. Only old guys live around Potomac. We pass the BBT bill on to Anuttama Prabhu as he about faints seeing the giant price tag. I guess no one told him that it was Prabhupada’s Marathon Month. Do Big! Is the appropriate mantra. We hear a few sankirtan stories about them cutting a half gallon of ice cream in half and eating one side each after a good days work. Head out to IFAST House for lunch. Take darshan, eat Thanksgiving feast, speak with the most amazing Ekavirya Prabhu and Vraja Lila Devi. The doctor was on call so we missed out on his association. I will never forget this past summer. Myself and Nitai Prabhu were traveling with HH Radhanath Maharaja and visited Madvacharaya Prabhu’s home for an even Program. I ran upstairs with Maharaj’s bags and put them into Bhakti Tirtha Maharaj’s room where he was staying. When returned downstairs I saw the most beautiful yet surprising sight. Maharaja was sitting in a chair and Madvacharya prabhu and Ekavirya Prabhu were removing his socks. Vraja Lila devi brought in towels, a bowl, a pitcher, flowers and they proceeded to wash Maharaja’s feet. At first they each looked into Maharaja’s eyes, no words were exchanged. I was brought to tears acknowledging their exalted position. They are so dear to Bhakti Tirtha Maharaja that Maharaja would accept their simple humble love in this way. I felt that Bhakti Tirtha maharaja was doing the washing himself. No where else have we seen such exchanges. I am still waiting to receive pictures from a very special devotee….please please please allow me to have them!!!!!We quickly drive to Baltimore temple to see Jagannatha and his associates. Nice program was arranged. Kirtans and more kirtans. The deities were bouncing and dropping their jewelry. I think they liked the kirtan. This evening I received the newest edition of Krishna Kathamrita about Srimad Bhagavatam! A must read for all Vaisnavas! Again and Again They put out the best Vaisnava Magazine-sorry BTG-they are leaving you behind. Stayed the night at Vinay’s house. Everytime I go to their house I stay up way too late eating ice cream. Sri Sri Radha Damodar was installed by Mahanidhi Swami many years ago. The home is blessed by all Vaisnavas especially Satsvarupa Maharaja and Radha Govinda Maharaja. This summer even HH Radhanatha Maharaja came. Damodar Devi told Maharaja he should put tumeric and salt on his sprained ankle. Maharaja said to me to watch how she prepares it and then we can put it on his ankle. Vinay Prabhu and Manish Prabhu put the tumeric mixture on his ankle. Special mercy.

No comments: