Sunday, December 31, 2006

Bandon to Gold Beach




















August 9th
Bandon to Gold Beach

Today I spent trying to ditch the family of bicyclist which were very near to us. I would have felt bad that a Middle aged dad, mom and their 10 year old boy would out ride me so i pushed a little harder than usual. Blake and I met up and went swimmimg mid day in an icecold beach which had signs everywhere"Do not swim! Do not Swim! It was hot and we needed a bath! We made it out safely. I spent approximately 3 dunks at about 2.5 minutes. Blake made it a clean 10-20 minutes. Blake heard that this was wild bear country so he started practicing climbing trees in order to hide his Kit Kats if needed. At some point we became the photographers for a huge biker gang who were cruising the up the coast. I think today we were quite tired. 60 miles up and down hills in the hot sun gave us nice sun burns and a good reason to drop dead when we made it to town.

No comments: