Sunday, January 27, 2008

when you eat whats available.


Last night I slept horribly. I felt like I had poison in my stomach. Those that know me know that I don't sleep much(meaning I always sleep horribly) so when I say I slept bad it really means something. I've always had stomach problems my whole life. Lots of stress and thats where I hold all of it. I guess all the stress of being here, all the physical asana, all the pranayam, my over endeavor, not eating right etc culminates in a night of absolute pain and agony. Luckily my roommate left Kripalu for the night so he didn't get disturbed by my rolling around. I woke up at 2am vomited, showered then read and chanted for a bit in one of the yoga rooms. I prefer this one yoga room over the others because its clean and it has wood floors. Around 4 am I slept on my yoga mat in that room til 5am where I returned to my room and slept for another hour before getting up for morning asana practice. Its a hard day when I don't chant atleast half of my rounds in the morning. Ill chant at lunch in the basement if I can get my mind into it.

My solace this morning was the warm Kichiri. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers.

Oh yeah, I miss the cows too.

No comments: