Sunday, January 20, 2008

eat pray love (i like the book too)


A friend told me the other day that the path of bhakti is not hard and fast but is soft and slow.

Im off to Kripalu again. Two weeks of another Yoga Intensive. This time I will return with my official certification.

After a most wonderful Starving Artist Lunch Program I threw my bags into the civic and sped up to Columbus to meet a close friend for catching up. I was overwhelmed with emotions hearing from and seeing such a beloved friend being pushed around in life. All I wanted to do was embrace her and tell her that I could take care of everything for her. A similar thing happened with my blood brother the other day also with a close friend who’s mother just got cancer. I wish it was so easy. That I could possess the ability to instantly care for and maintain others lives. This I know is impossible.

One day I met my Gurumaharaja in his room at New Vrindaban. He had just arrived from India and I was busy and did not get to greet him upon his arrival. He was sitting behind his little desk with his glasses on and just his desk lamp lighting his space. He was reading a old beat up edition of Krsna Book. After knocking, He invited me into his room. I bowed down and he called me over to him. He embraced me in his most comforting way. With his arm loving wrapped around my head he looked into my eyes and asked how I was. I didn’t answer. He could see that I was not in the best of spirits. He said to me, “ Balaramacandra, everyone is suffering in this world. It is our duty to inspire others to be enthusiastic in their suffering.”

After that emotion meeting with my friend I headed to the Columbus center to find a place to do laundry, sleep, park my car, and get a ride to the airport. I could have stayed with that student but that could only lead to trouble.

Immediately upon entering the temple I met Venkat Prabhu who was visiting from New York. We picked up Carl Prabhu at his house and went over to Naveen, Vrajbhakti, and Narahari’s house for ekadasi dinner. I ended up staying at their home that night. We were up to midnight catching up after so many months of not seeing each other. The next day I was over fed idly, sambar and chutney and dropped off at the airport.

A Kripalu class mate, Scott, picked me up in Albany and took me back to his house. The ride was wonderful. We shared so many stories about the past six week break between our yoga teaching intensives. I can’t believe six weeks have passed already! We did a little shopping at the grocery store and cooked up a wonderful dinner for the kids and wife. Playing with the kids reminded me of the past summer with my Gurumaharaja. I was the default child care person or beat up doll whenever disciples had to meet with Maharaja.

I am at Scott and Bridgette's house now and will head to Kripalu after my weekly conference call. We’ll make it there by 4 for yoga, check in, and dinner. Our first session starts at 7. Who knows what is going to happen in the next two weeks. I have my laptop with me this time so Ill stay on the blog.

Thanks to everyone who have been writing and calling letting me know that i should keep writing. I truly appreciate your love.

No comments: