Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Vegan Cooking Workshop #1 2008



Today was quite wonderful. I woke up and chanted japa with Sri Kishore Prabhu. JC came over for our first one on one yoga session of the year. I taught him pranayama and a moon series to add to his surya which he practiced last semester. Today we had lots of fun sustaining various asanas. This was new to him but I was comforted having someone to suffer with me. Yoga is definitely a love hate relationship.

After dropping him off at school I went on another prayer walk through campus. I sat for some time noticing the thousands of faces which I do not know. The thousands of souls who have not had a chance to hear about Krishna. I think this quarter I am going to start setting up a book table on campus. One week Ill do Wednesday and one week Ill do Thursdays. I miss book distribution!

After my walk I returned home and caught up on some email. Then I prepared an individual vegan pizza for lunch which made me fall a sleep for a good hour. After my slumber and a cold shower I headed out to town for some shopping. Its great going to the same store on the same days of the week year after year. I now know many of the employees at each store and have great conversations with each of them. Im trying to inspire all the high school grocery bag kids to start coming to our programs. They said they are into it but they have to ask their parents for permission.

I was planning to cook for only 60 people. On face book, only 30 confirmed so I didn't think it would turn out so great. I was wrong. I arrived at our location at 6:30 and already students started arriving to help out. Students just kept coming and coming. We prepared whole wheat pasta, sesame bread sticks, organic salad, dressings, pasta sauce, primavera vegetables, carob cake, and rasberry lemonande. There was so much help, that when i finally stepped up on my soap box for announcements it was exactly 8 pm! I couldn't believe it. We cooked the compete meal from scratch in one hour exactly! There were so many hands helping out.

Over a 100 students attended. I thought only 30-50 would come. It was our first one of the quarter and I didn't send any invites until the night before. No advertising. Simply Krishna. This is definitely a sign that this year is going to big huge. I have to brainstorm, how are we going to facilitate so many people in cooking?

By ten everything was cleaned up and I returned to the center to meet Ananda Vidya Prabhu. Krishna really blessed me by his association. Ananda Vidya Prabhu is my big borther. He has always watched out for me and encourages me in our activities.

The rest of the week looks busy. Please pray for us.

No comments: