Monday, December 31, 2007

appreciation makes perfect.



One morning silence overcame me as I was taking my breakfast. This beautiful painting of Lord Buddha captured my eyes. I was blessed with the vision of Lord Buddha as being a Person who was most contemplative and compassionate. My gaze could not be removed from His face. I saw the face of Lord Krishna, Lord Chaitanya, Srila Prabhupada and my own personal spiritual guide. I began to cry as I remembered a lecture about the Lords Avatars. In that lecture Lord Krishna's most compassionate self was glorified as being a Personality who would give up the opulences of the spiritual world and accept the clothes of a mendicant just to deliver the fallen souls.

Lately I have been meditating upon Krsna Consciousness being the path of appreciation. We don't love Krsna. We didn't do anything to deserve Him. Often we didn't even ask Him to be in our lives. Some how or another He is there. The goal of every activity possible in this existence is Lord Krishna. Is there anything left for us to do? The perfection of any activity lives with us now. What is there left to do? All that we can do is simply perform all of our activities with the mood of appreciation not with the aim of attaining something. Krsna only lacks the love of our human hearts. Hearts which He knows are filled with so many unwanted things. Yet the Lord eagerly desires for you to notice Him. He knows you don't love Him. He knows how attracted you are to this wonderful world and how busy you are trying to live. Compassionately, His love for you is not dependent up on your reciprocation. Accepting His love and trying to show your appreciate for His love is our life. It is a Krsna Conscious life and as repeated to me again and again this summer, "Enthusiasm in one's service is the display of one's intent to Love Krsna."

No comments: