Friday, December 28, 2007

Pretend I just called you....


Pretend I just called you and you ask how I'm doing and I blurt out with an uncontrolled tongue....

Ive been in New Vrindaban for a week. Seven days in New Vrindaban makes one weak. I have not eaten one fresh vegetable or fruit since Ive been here. No salads nothing alive(if you are what you eat does that make me dead or fried). Ive eaten more wonderfully fried and sugary delectables than I ever could imagine. Not because I am a glutton but because those are my options. Fasting seems like a wonderful alternative. Water is the freshest thing I get here. Its bottled and shipped in from another state. I did get the inside scoop though, Jaya Prabhupada our resident cowboy has an amazing spring on his land. He is going to start refilling my bottles. I don't mean to sound negative but its true. I feel sleep deprived and physically tired. Waking up at 4, dressing the deities, morning program, yoga, cooking rajbhoga, and eating lunch. By 1 pm I'm a dead guy. Then I have to try to chant my rounds, work on various projects which need to get done asap, reading and preparing lectures, and talking to every friend devotee which I haven't seen in a month or longer and each asks, "how are you doing? you look tired." Then somehow or another if there is any energy left in this little body I put my ipod in my ears and start to sweep and mop the hallways. Then between 10:30pm and midnight I lay my head on my yoga mat and try to sleep. Today I woke up for mangal aarti but didn't go down stairs. I just hid in my room and chanted not feeling up to playing mridanga and singing any songs. I didn't leave the ashram until 12:30 when I went to see the cows and wash my clothes. I took pictures of potential spots for the desired Yoga studio and analyzed the possibilities of converting the Santee House into a sustainable eco house and cafe. Then I ate really spicy pasta, hung my clothes on the line, spoke with Gauranga Kishore Prabhu who had great news for me from Mumbai, taught Kamalavati how to edit movies(she did a great job!), ate some mahaprasad brownies and cashews with Soma Prabhu, mopped and swept the hallways(hope no one slips and dies), now I'm speaking to you. The conch shell is about to blow and I should go since I havent attended any temple functions today. Im not the best example wearing my dickies and hoodie, but it is a sure way to get out of having to give class to our guests when you are not in the mood of being a sadhu(or pretending to be).

by the way, Sri Sri Radha Vridaban Chandra are so beautiful they are waiting for you to come and see them.

No comments: