Monday, February 04, 2008

the one two knock out punch.....


Tonight I was punched multiple times during a well planned performance. I deserved each and every hit. Actually the words which were spoken were like sharp arrows or precise missiles intelligently aimed at specific targets to weaken or dis-empower. A list was made of each and every thing which I hold dear in my life and systematically attacked revealing my duplicity and endeavors to feed the demons within. I am not a person who uses curse words but with all honesty I think I understood the inner purports of the four letter word and could use it to its full potential. My mouth remained closed as per the instructions I received to simply listen for my own welfare and contemplate the subject matter for a few weeks before I react upon impulse and anger from the ego. Bravo Bravo! Well planned performance, voice and all! I was destroyed and confused. I am destroyed and confused. Bewildered by the tests which come at the most exact times. A doctor knows how to prescribe medicine for a patient and Krsna is the most expert. I bow at his ability to utilize others so dramatically in this divine play of purification. I am thankful that I am surrounded by many Vaisnavas who quickly brought me back to emotional balance with their embraces and gentle encouraging words. While hearing I remembered this poem,

Anyway

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Love them anyway,
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Do good anyway. The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow; Do good anyway. Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight; Build anyway. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth; Give the best you’ve got anyway.


On the walls of Shishu Bhavan,
Mother Teresa’s home in Calcutta

No comments: