Sunday, February 03, 2008

om gam ganapataye namaha



The past few days have been filled with Ganeshji's mercy! Just before I left Kripalu my roommate left me a gift and a card. In the package was a small deity of Ganesha. I was so happy to have him appear in my life at this time. Today I was in NYc at Ashtanga New York and made arrangements to study there during our spring break in March. Ganeshji runs the place! I can't wait to be there and start my Ashtanga practice. So New Yorkers keep a look out I'll be around in March. Oh yeah I don't know if this is bonafide or not but I keep Ganesha in my bead bag and rub his belly.

Om parvati pataye
Hara hara hara mahadev
Gajananam buta
Ganadi sevatam
Kapitha jambu
Phalacharu bhakshanam
Umasutam shoka
Vinasha karakam
Namami vigneshvara
Pada pankajam

O elephant-faced God, Ganesha,
you are served by the attendants of Shiva
and you eat forest apples and blackberries.
You are Uma's son, the destroyer of sorrows.
I bow to the lotus feet of the remover of obstacles.

No comments: