Tuesday, March 06, 2007

you cant buy a ticket and get there...






Vrindaban

Realization:
Jiva Soul(atleast me): Similar to Satan qualitatively but different quantitativly.
Even in the most holy places one's mind can ruin everything.

Vrindaban is paradise. Each visit springs forth the question, Why leave, you have so much to see and learn? It is home. An austere home. It was freezing. We had Three days to pack with activity and attempts at purification.

The Travel from dheli to Vrindaban was filled with the enjoyment of watching the bicycle riders hold onto the trucks, rikshas, cars, motorcycles, and ox carts in order to travel faster and with ease. I noted this and will later apply such intelligent acts.

Upon arrival to vrindaban we Checked into our guest house facility within Iskcons complex. Showering and washing clothes is always our first priority. One thing to remember, check to see if there is water before you tie your thread around your ear and use the toilet.

With great surprise We met up with Rupanuga Siddhanta Prabhu an old friend who I owe much of my early days of Krsna Conscious guidance. Among thousands I remember he told me a most illustrative example that has always inspired me. He said Grhasta ashrama is like an ox cart. If any difficulties fall on your path, you safely stop and either remove the obstacle or go around it and continue on. Then he compared a life or renunciation with driving a sports car. It is quick and fun, but if an obstacle falls on your path when you are driving 100 miles perhour it is very dangerous situation. When I was younger I used to read many books about rally car and formula one race car drivers.

Rupanuga arranged for us to be guided to the Gosvami temples that evening. Six Gosvami's Ki Jaya! It was so wonderful making it in perfect timing to see the various aratis and darshans of the most beloved Lords of Vrindaban. One shocker, as i entered the courtyard or Sri Sri Radha Damodar the center of the universe, as i was praying to Rupa gosvami and awaiting to see his most beautiful diety, i saw his samadhi in shambles, completely destroyed. I was left open jawed and disturbed. Another Indian inconvenience regretted. I guess they are building a new Samadhi in glorification of Srila Rupa Gosvami. At that time too Srila Prabhupadas quarters were locked up and closed to all. This week all court cases have come out in Iskcons favor and it has been reopened. The rest of the Darshans were sweet and filled with prayer. Oh Radha Raman when will we see you again?

The next morning Jason and I hit the parikram path barefooted with bead bags in hand. No one else was on the path. It was freezing. The ground made your feet go numb. I told Jason this is Vrindaban's mercy, your feet go numb so you dont feel the cuts from the rocks and then you step in cow dung so you dont get an infection. Jason turned back but i continued in the darkness.

This is one of my favorite activities while in Vrindaban. It really allows you to absorb the brahma murhurta energy of the city, the people and nature such as the moon over the Yamuna. I love being wrapped up in a chaddar, bare footed and walking in Vrindaban chanting Hare Krishna. It is a special feeling which is most priceless. You feel natural and accepted, being in Krishna's land with his associates.

Upon returning to the temple Jason, Rupanuga and I jumped into an ambassador and went to Varshana. We spent the morning roaming about with our Brijbasis pandit to Varsana, Terra Kadamba, and Nandagram. Actually we didnt go to Kanai Balai's temple because the Pandas have been quite rough and we didnt want to spoil our sweet morning of roaming about the dhama. Last year when I wen there it was Kartik. I was taking darshan and I saw i huge rat climb all over the dieties. In my mind i said “ oh sick, how can they let a rat climb all around llike that etec etc etc” then at that very moment i saw smoke coming from below my waist and my dhoti had caught fire from one of the arati lamps! Instantly I knew it was due to my offense so I bowed down and left immedieatly.

The evening we spent in awe of Aindras kirtan performance. When i was in high schol i spent much of my time going to all types of indie punk rock and hip hop shows. It was so exciting to see certain bands perform and get to meet them and support their lifestyle. Buy silk screened patches and 7 inches. Aindra and his 24 kirtan band is a trancendental example of such an aspect of youth needing to be satisfied. We can see that he is inspiring thousands of Krsna conscious youth around the world by steadily chanting for Sri Sri Radhe Shyama Sundar in most creative and energetic ways. Aindra Prabhu Ki Jaya! 24 hour kirtan band Ki Jaya!

No comments: