Friday, March 30, 2007

surya samskar


































When I arrived to Bhubenesvar I was looking at the giant wheel carvings outside of the airport to be very surprised that the intricate carvings were of various sexual positions. Not thinking about it again, i didnt connect things til a month later in Mumbai. The wheels were duplictes of those at the sun temple. Mukunda Charan Prabhu was showing me pictures and when he came to the photos of the Sun temple outside of Puri he said, " this place is not for brahmacaris- the whole temple is shaped like a giant chariot and there are thousands of intricate carvings of the Kamasutra." When we went a few weeks before meeting him, they wanted 250 ruppees fro westerners to enter so we opted to not pay and simply walk around the temple and view it from afar. I guess I was saved from a few more samskaras. Some times not being allowed into temples may be a good thing.

Arrival in Puri was dream come true. Immediately i headed out to the beach to chant japa and remember everything i ever heard about its glories from my spiritual master.

No comments: