Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mind your step.


padam padam yad vipadam na tesam

mi familia

a little maya

like a rat that barks

chanting under mushrooms


NYc means Maya. There is danger at every step. Especially for me. Im attracted to it all. Luckily on this trip Jason, who is a perfect gentleman, accompanied me and gave all protection from my desires. Also it was really cold which curbed my desires to a small amount of inside activity.

We met up with my big brother Isaac (www.skullbrain.org)and his girl Kerri(http://www.urbancowgirlproductions.com) after getting the visa. They are very sweet to me and will do anything if needed at anytime. True family. We met up at the arch in Washington square park. I like it better with the Nyc rath festival of india overwhelming it. We headed to Red Bamboo soul food and filled up with veggie wings and soul chicken sandwhiches. Then we went to BH photo. That place is amazing. A NYC must see! better than ground zero. Its like going to Gan Eden, Jewish people everywhere. I had a good time. Reminded me of college life. Picked up some deep saturation color film for my new baby on the india trip, a titanium embodied contax g1! weve got the details worked out for the upcoming book, design, layout, graphic artist, and publisher. I just have to bring in the photos! Who is the demigod of photography? Is it Suryadev? I have to start worshipping quick. I havent touched a film camera for a few years. Lets see what happens.

We met up with the rest of the family- Cesar and the new baby, and the hairless Chijahua. Good times. The family experience is always needed sometimes. My brother is always appreciating KC so its nice to be with him. Some people dont get that.

No comments: